Thursday, March 24, 2011

toddler-approved recipes: shrimp and veggies with pesto

There are so many considerations that go into planning a meal for our toddlers. First we have to make sure it's well-balanced and nutritious. Then there's the issue of taste. Our little ones are more opinionated now so we have to cook the food in a way that is appealing to them. And as if that's not already challenging enough, we have to prepare it in such a way that's easy for our little ones to eat on their own.

This is what I do day in and day out. I'm just thankful that Bud is not a picky eater. I guess it also has a lot do with modeling since we eat most of our meals together. The mister and I make it a point to eat well-balanced meals too and we always eat with such gusto. Maybe Bud is also picking up on our love of food.

Anyway, I thought it would be a good idea to start sharing some Bud-approved recipes here in my blog. I have borrowed so many inspired ideas from the other blogs I read and I hope I will be able to inspire you too. Just my simple way of paying it forward.

TODAY'S LUNCH :


SHRIMPS AND VEGGIES WITH PESTO

3-5 pcs peeled shrimps


1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)


1 tsp olive oil


1 tbsp pesto


Heat oil in pan. Cook shrimp until pink. Move shrimps to the edge of the pan and dump in the mixed vegetables. Once veggies are cooked turn off the heat and mix in the pesto. Cut shrimps into smaller pieces for easy eating.



Bon appetit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...