Thursday, March 31, 2011

best drugstore beauty finds

I was just talking to some girlfriends the other day about hair care and I was surprised (and relieved) that I'm not the only one who's suffering from falling hair. The extremely cold and dry winter here in the midwest is to blame. Also, it doesn't help that I use hot (sometimes scalding hot) water to wash my hair.

One way I cope is to wash my hair only every other day. On the days when I don't wash, I use Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. It's effective at zapping oil and odor from my hair in between washes. My hair doesn't really get oily and I always tie my hair in a pony so styling is really not a concern. My major issue is with all the cooking I do, at the end of the day my hair smells like food! But since I started using Tresemme dry shampoo, I don't have to worry about that. I just spray a generous amount of the dry shampoo in the morning, brush out my hair to get rid of the powder and viola, my hair feels clean and smells citrus-y fresh.

What I love even more about this dry shampoo is its price. Most dry shampoos cost over $20 but this one is only $4.99 at Target. I didn't even have to think twice before buying it.

Another staple drugstore product I use during winter (and all year-round) is Aquaphor Healing Ointment. It's very much like petroleum jelly only better. I've tried and tested several lotions and so far this is the one that does the most amazing job moisturizing my (extremely) dry skin during the cold months. I slather it all over, literally. I apply it around my eyes, on my lips, on my hands and feet.


I initially purchased this to get rid of the dry patches on Bud's legs, upon the recommendation of the pediatrician. It's definitely gentle and effective for babies. It's fragrance-free, dye-free and preservative-free. I highly recommend this miracle moisturizer to everyone.

What drugstore beauty products do you love?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...