Wednesday, March 2, 2011

want to look like pepper potts?

If you have been following my posts you probably know by now how much I want winter to be O-V-E-R. One of my biggest winter woes is not having enough exercise. You see, finding time to workout is a real challenge for me especially since P is out of town most days of the week. The few quiet hours I get when Bud is napping I spend attending to my homemaker duties. By the time he goes to sleep at night, I'm too exhausted to even think about moving about.

When it was a lot warmer outside I brought Bud along with me when I ran. He would be sitting comfortably in his jogging stroller while I pushed him uphill and downhill. But since it got too cold and the sidewalks now all buried in snow, I have resorted to getting a membership at the community center.

One of the perks of going to the center is that they have childcare where you can leave your little ones while you workout (assuming they cooperate and not throw a fit when you leave them). The staff at the childcare are great! They engage the kids in play and are very patient with the ones who need more cuddling time.

As you might have guessed, Bud is one of those kids who need the extra cuddling and comforting from the staff. The first day I left him he did great, no crying. The second day and the consecutive days thereafter have been unencouraging (if there is such a word). I only get 20 minutes of running time on the treadmill because I know he is in the childcare crying and just waiting for me to come get him. Most days he would cry on and off but there was a day or two when he just cried non-stop.

It was only last Tuesday when we had a breakthrough. He was crying when I left but when I returned to get him he was playing contently! Even the girls were pleasantly surprised at his new found calm. I'm really hoping that he finally realized that mommy's always going to come back, as I have repeated over and over. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

One celebrity mom who really inspires me is Gwyneth Paltrow. Here she openly shares her exercise and diet regimen for getting into shape for her role as Pepper Potts in Ironman2.

Here's one of the leg and butt routines designed by celebrity trainer, Tracey Anderson. Very encouraging.



Stay fit and healthy, bunnies!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...