Friday, August 6, 2010

DIY inspirations

I've been very busy ... reading blogs and getting ideas for craft activities Bud and I could do together, haha!

Last week was paper plate art week. We made a fish bowl (with cutout fish, of course), an elephant and a lion. They were very crude (so I didn't bother to take photos) but Bud enjoyed playing with them nonetheless. And mind you, he could identify the animals even if they were not professionally done.

This morning I stumbled across this blog where I got my inspiration to make home-made finger paints for Buddy. The recipe I used was:

2 cups white flour
2 cups cold water
food coloring

Put water into a large bowl. Slowly add the flour, while the children are stirring. Once it's all mixed together, divide into smaller bowls and add food coloring.

The finger paint idea was amazing! It was so fun yet very easy to do. I wasn't able to take photos with my hands all messy from the paint mixture. Will try to take some shots when we do our painting session again tomorrow.

It was funny how Bud was more curious with the new sensation and texture in his hands. He was dipping his hands in the paint then he would open and close them. Maybe tomorrow he will be more comfortable with the idea of painting with his fingers.

Finger Paints from Homemade Mamas

Here are more great ideas that we will be trying out very soon....

Oatmeal Playdough from The Life of Jennifer Dawn


Felt Car Mat from Serving Pink Lemonade

I can't believe the week is almost over! How fast time flies when you're with people you love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...