Tuesday, April 10, 2012

easter reflections

Hello, Bunnies! It seems like everyone except us had the luxury of enjoying a long Easter weekend. But that's not to say that we didn't have a meaningful Easter celebration. 

My two favorite people.
I am grateful I married a man who knows his way around the kitchen.
For the little boy, Easter was all about puto (rice cakes) and playing pretend photographer.
Our Easter feast courtesy of our gracious hosts, Ila and Ryan.
Our Minnesota family.
For me, personally, Easter is a time for reflection and giving thanks for all the blessings we have received. Indeed I feel like we have been showered with an abundance of blessings. I am grateful that I am living the life that I've always wanted. I get to spend all my days with my two favorite people in the world, write something insightful once in a while, have picnics with my little guy, cook for my boys, spend afternoons playing in the park, go for long runs on weekends and have enlightened conversations with friends over wine and cheese. And despite being thousands of miles away from our families, we always feel their love and support. Hopefully, we are able to make them feel the same way.

If there is one thing that I've learned in this lifetime, it's life is what you make it. It may sound cliche but it has proven true for me. Love your life. If you're not happy with your life now, change it. You have the ability make the life you want.

He lights up my life. 
(photos courtesy of Faye)



4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post!! amen to what you said:-) is this your house? lovely...

The Missus said...

Thanks, Mia! I wish it was our house but it's our friends', Ryan and Ila's.

yen said...

I like your outfit's color combination, Ma'am! What a heartwarming post and I love the pic of you and your son :) What a sweet post!

The Missus said...

Thanks, Yen! I'm glad you think so.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...