Friday, August 26, 2011

mommy musings: photo diary

Is it just me or do you also feel the need to capture your child's every milestone, laughter and crazy antic on camera? If only it's possible to immoratalize every single moment from the day of their birth. Thanks to digital photography it's so much easier to do that these days. Gone are the days when the first 3 years of your life is summarized in one measly album(yeah, I'm talking about me and my treasured collection of baby photos).

Bud is only two and we've already amassed thousands of photos of him. True, not all are great so every now and then I sort through them and choose the ones that are facebook quality, so to say. I like adding captions when I post pictures on facebook or when I send them to family back home. I feel even if a picture is already worth a thousand words, writing a couple more words just makes it more meaningful.

Before Bud's Christening we never brought him with us to social events. He only went out of the house to go to the doctor or to go to UP (University of the Philippines) for early morning walks. Only our close family and friends visited him for the first 3 months he was home from the NICU. On the 4th month we decided he was ready to meet everyone else and that's when we had him baptised. Since most of the guests would be seeing him for the first time, I thought it would be a good idea to show them how he has grown from the time he came home until his baptism.





Each table at the reception had several postcards with different photos and captions. Having printed photos of Bud seemed more personal than just having a slide show. I also wanted the guests to take their time getting to know him through the photos.

I was very pleased that all the guests wrote meaningful and lengthy messages for Bud. When he's old enough, it would be his turn to look at those photos and read the messages for him.

For my latest project, I borrowed this idea from Trisha of Playtime Break. I'm thinking of blowing this up to poster size and hang it in his room.



What about you? How do you organize your photos? Do you make scrapbooks or photobooks? Please share.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a nice photo of him! he was obviously having a great time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...