Friday, May 13, 2011

toddler-approved recipe: fish sticks

As much as possible I try to serve food that Bud can easily eat on his own and requires very minimal supervision from me. Easy meaning something he can eat with his fingers. I guess majority of the moms have the same concern that is why most frozen kid's meals come with a choice of either chicken nuggets or fish sticks.

But no, I don't buy the frozen meals. I would rather prepare Bud's food from scratch so I can control the sodium and fat content. You would be surprised how easy and fast it is to make fish sticks from scratch.


TODAY'S LUNCH:

Fish Sticks


1 fillet of Tilapia


Salt


Flour


2 tbsps Olive oil (or any vegetable oil)


Slice the Tilapia fillet diagonally into 1" thick sticks. Season with salt and dredge with flour.


Heat oil in pan. Once oil is hot enough, put the fish in the pan and fry all sides until golden brown and crispy.


Serve with ketchup or tartar sauce for dipping.


Bon Appetite!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...