Friday, May 27, 2011

my sweet life

an overcrowded bowl of fresh fruits


I can't believe my parents will be going back home in a couple of days, 10 days to be exact. Their visit has been more of a vacation for me than for them. I've been getting my much needed 8 hours of sleep (sometimes even more) and have been on dishwashing haitus for 3 weeks (and counting). I even managed to squeeze in a haircut the other day and I relished every second my head was rested on a warm towel.

Not to mention that every morning when I wake up there's always a tall glass of fruit smoothie waiting for me in the kitchen. You see, my parents are both following an all-you-can-eat-fruits-only-for-breakfast diet so my dad always makes an extra glass of his power breakfast concoction just for me. Sweet, isn't it?

And while I am on staycation mode, I have been guiltlessly indulging in yema balls (custard candy made with egg yolks and condensed milk) from home. Each piece is a labor of love by our dear Manang Del who has been with our family for over 20 years now.

home-made yema balls


My mom and I have conveniently scheduled our shopping dates during the little boy's mid-day nap. We've been visiting the Old Navy store in the nearby mall almost everyday and each time we're there we get a piece or two of the Fruity Pebble Treats from the checkout counter. I know, it's so Pinoy! The first time was out of curiosity since I've always been a big fan of Rice Crispy Treats. But the succeeding times I deliberately pocketed more than one since I still haven't found it in the grocery. So until then I will just be sourcing it free from Old Navy.

free fruity pebble treats



Hope you have sweet things planned this weekend, bunnies.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...