Monday, June 20, 2011

weekend roundup

How was your weekend, bunnies?





Last Saturday, the boys and I took a chance and headed over to 5-8 Club, home of the original Juicy Lucy, Minnesota's version of the ultimate cheese burger. A 1/2 pound burger with the cheese inside the beef patty. It's obscenely good it was even featured in Travel Channel's Man vs. Food. We were lucky we got there just in time to get a table before the line at the door started. By the time we were done, the line was like 30 people deep. In case you were wondering, yes, I did finish my Juicy Lucy! I surprised even myself!


We celebrated father's day at the Stone Arch Art Festival in Minneapolis along with the hipsters and the hippies. The riverfront district was brimming with life with over 250 featured artists and artisans, non-stop live musical performances and a smorgasbord of food stalls. It had all the ingredients for creating a memorable family outing.


I would say our weekend was just perfect.


photos courtesy of dressedtoat

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...