Thursday, June 9, 2011

bittersweet

Reunions with loved ones are always bittersweet. I'm really grateful for the four weeks that we spent with my parents and the few days that my brother and SIL shared with us. To top it off, there was even a bonus visit from one of my best friends just before my parents arrived. I am truly lucky! But I still can't help having that feeling of longing and nostalgia in the pit of my stomach everytime I remember how far away they are from me now.

the grandparents with their favorite grandson

touring the city with my brother

savoring the scenery with my sister-in-law

photo op with my bestie at the curbside check-in


It wasn't so long ago when my whole world revoled around my parents, brothers and my best friends. And now, we're in totally opposite time zones. Ah, such is life....


our only complete family photo for this holiday
(missing in the photo are my youngest brother and my 3 y.o. niece)

Don't get me wrong. I love my life now. I'm blessed that I get to spend everyday with my two favorite people in the world! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...