Thursday, September 23, 2010

transient life

We’ve been living a transient lifestyle again but this time around with a toddler in tow.

The week after we got back from Dallas, we packed our bags again for a road trip to Chicago to visit my MIL who just flew in from Manila to stay with my SIL. Thankfully the 14-hour roundtrip drive was as comfortable and relaxed as it could possibly be! I would even go as far as saying that I would choose a long drive over a plane ride any day (except of course if we were going home to Manila). Our strategy, time the first leg of the drive with the little boy’s nap so we could cover a long distance without having to worry about entertaining him.

We spent a couple of days with my SIL to catch up and let the kids do some quality bonding. It was my first time in Chicago and so we spent a whole afternoon to see and experience the city on foot. By the end of the day we were all convinced that we walked the distance of a half marathon only to find out that we just covered 8kms! So much for justifying buying a Chicago Dog at every stand we passed by.

Nana with the little ones

Chicago cityscape

The Cloud Gate better known as "the bean"

Bud was in awe with everything his big cousin was doing

It would have been great if we could have stayed in Chicago longer but we had to head home in time for P's flight back to Dallas. Bud and I stayed behind in Minnesota so Bud could catch up on his play classes and weekly home visits from his teachers.

I was a single parent for 4 whole days. It was not as tough as I thought it would be. My days were spent creating stimulating activities for the little boy, making arrangements for our upcoming Las Vegas vacation (to celebrate my upcoming birthday and our 4th wedding anniversary), preparing documents for our visa extension, and trying to accomplish a whole long list of to-dos. The week went by so fast, before I knew it P was back home and I was packing again for our trip back to Dallas. Here I am now, typing away from our hotel room.

Mommy's little helper off to the mailbox to collect our mail

Little helper got tired and rode in the cart on the way back

That about sums up what I’ve been up to the last couple of weeks that I’ve been out of touch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...