Wednesday, June 6, 2007

5 things i'm grateful for today

I recently came across an interesting article entitled “Cultivating an Attitude of Gratitude”. In the article, the writer suggested that we should write down or at least take a mental note of 5 things we are grateful for each day. This will help us appreciate what we have and put us in a positive frame of mind which will eventually lead the way to a life of success. On the same day that I read this article, I saw Oprah featuring the inspiring real life story of Cris Gardner, the character played by Will Smith in The Pursuit of Happiness.

It all made sense to me. Always keeping a positive disposition helps us achieve our goals and in order to maintain a positive mindset, we should be thankful for the blessings that we have at the moment. It’s very easy to take our blessings for granted, specially when we are so busy building our careers and taking care of the family. When we forget about how much we have, we fall into the trap of complaining and feeling sorry for ourselves. Who would want to be stuck in such a rut?

For today, I am grateful for…

1. The no-work holiday! P did not have work today so we spent the afternoon planning and preparing our dinner menu. Call us weird but cooking and preparing our meals is one of our favorite things to do together.
2. My part-time job as an English tutor. Aside from earning money, the tutorial job gives me a sense of purpose and fulfillment. It also gives an opportunity to experience local Korean culture and lifestyle through my students.
3. Free buffet breakfast. I enjoy my favorite meal of the day for free everyday! Who wouldn’t be grateful for that? It’s also my chance to load up on fresh fruits (for free) since fruits are very expensive here in Korea.
4. The new dinner recipe that we tried tonight which turned out to be very yummy!
5. Having my own laptop.

It really feels good to go through this exercise. I already feel like a success! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...