Wednesday, February 9, 2011

parenthood

We keep track of our children's development and celebrate their every milestone. We are in awe of how fast they grow and blossom into these amazing little people. But have you ever stopped and looked in the mirror lately? Our little angels aren't the only ones growing and maturing.

I think once you become a parent, you are altered (for better or worse, you decide).

I believe our children are gifts from God and true to His nature, God blesses us with children who bring out the best in us (but who also make us vulnerable to our weaknesses).

our little angel is growing up before our very eyes

There are days when I question why Bud is developing at a slower pace than his peers. Why he was be born at 30 weeks and why he had to spend the first 2 months of his life in the NICU. But instead of getting a straight answer, God assures me, "you and P are one of the most resilient and persevering couples I know. I am confident that you are the kind of parents that Bud needs".

I guess it wouldn't be a crime for us to celebrate parenthood and take a little credit for raising awesome kids.

Cheers!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...