Friday, October 8, 2010

celebrations

I have so much to be thankful for this week. For one, I just turned a year older. Not that I claim to be any wiser but I am definitely feeling my metabolism slowing down and my wrinkles getting more visible, haha! But seriously, I think more than the age, it was motherhood that made me more mature (and gave me all the wrinkles).

Also, P and I had just celebrated our 4th year anniversary as a married couple. It feels like we've been together forever. I guess there's some truth to that considering we've been boyfriend-girlfriend since 1995. Yes, we were college sweethearts. And yes, we waited 10 years before getting married. We were young, we wanted to focus on our careers and save for the future. I am so glad we waited until we were really ready. Marriage is a decision and a commitment and I couldn't have chosen a better partner than P. He's reliable, generous, thoughtful, smart and funny. Not to mention a great cook!

The last four years has been quiet a journey. We've had our share of adventures and challenges, more than enough to keep our children and grandchildren entertained during story time.


October 6, 2006

p.s.
As my birthday resolution, I have decided to shun away all pastries and sweet treats in the hopes that it will help me get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. How I wish I could look the way I did on my wedding day.


1 comment:

Frances said...

Happy birthday! And you both look like you were on your way to happily ever after in your wedding photo :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...