Thursday, May 17, 2007

Prelude to a never-ending story

For the last 8 months my husband had been encouraging me to create a blog to document my adventures and experiences being a new wife living in a foreign country. It took me sometime to embrace the idea. Why would anyone bother to read my thoughts? Then it occurred to me that i have favorite blogs which i read on a regular basis. Maybe those authors didn't think anyone would bother to read their entries either. So, here i am, composing my first ever blog entry.

I would say that the last 8 months have been a period of discovery for me and it still continues to be so. I got married to the love of my life last October 6, 2006 and soon after we moved to Seoul, Korea where my husband works as an expat IT consultant/designer. Being married to P and living abroad were the top two things i wanted to put a check mark on before turning 30 and i did! But with every change comes new challenges. And boy, was i challenged!

It was a major adjustment on my part. I had to give up my highly rewarding career and move out of my comfort zone. I had to learn to manage the household, do house chores and cook. On top of that i had to find my way around the new city, learn the language and make new friends. It may sound overwhelming (and it was) but it's all worth it.

The ongoing journey to discovery has made me realize my potential. Little by little i'm able to overcome my insecurities and know myself better. Everyday is a new opportunity for me to become a better wife, daughter, sister and friend.

I guess you can expect to read about my life as a closet woman of leisure, my misadventures and musings in my future entries.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...